This redesign process started with 2 lists:
- Search results show matching schemes below matching colors. Requires much vertical scrolling.
- Bad balance. The left column can be huge (all those search results). The right column is mostly empty (edit color + edit scheme).
- The image load interface sucks.
- Color swatches look crappy in IE.
- When you click on a color or scheme to do anything (even add a tag!), the focus changes to the right side of the page (where the edit controls are)
- Colors and schemes can only appear once (display elements use the color hexcode or scheme id as a unique identifier. That was a bad decision.
- When you create a color scheme from an image, mousing over the scheme colors causes the image pixels to highlight. Pretty neat, but could be better.
- Colors on left, schemes on right.
- Move the "edit color" and "edit scheme" blocks into a horizontal area below the title area.
- Break the "messages" div into two separate ones (one for colors and schemes). Also make it position:absolute so it doesn't cause the page to jerk around.
- Not much to be done with the image loading interface. Try to tighten it up a bit, and add a green arrow.
- Add favorites! Doesn't take much - these are only stored in a cookie, not server-side. Nice.
- Add CSS hacks for IE. Complain bitterly.
- I think it's cleaner and easier.
- The design packs more
into the same space.
- It may actually be cluttered - we'll see how
rate of new tags/colors/schemes changes.
That's all, thanks for reading!
questions, comments, suggestions.